Humboldt State's Centennial year is just around the corner, and Humboldt magazine is counting down with a timeline stretching through four issues.

  • Forestry Club organizes

    1938

    Forestry Club organizes

  • Humboldt News Letter

    1942

    President Arthur S. Gist begins writing "Humboldt News Letter" for men and women in the armed services

  • Founders Hall (known then as the Main Building) is camouflaged with paint and ivy

    1944

    Founders Hall (known then as the Main Building) is camouflaged with paint and ivy to avoid detection by the Japanese

  • Students build bleachers for Redwood Bowl

    1946

    Students build bleachers for Redwood Bowl

  • Jenkins Hall, completed

    1950

    Jenkins Hall, completed

  • Marching band forms

    1951

    Marching band forms

  • 1958

    Registration and grade recording now involves IBM punch cards

  • Lucky Logger is adopted as mascot

    1959

    Lucky Logger is adopted as mascot

  • Parking Fees

    1959

    Parking fees established—$13 per semester

  • Football Players

    1960

    Football games are held in Eureka High School's Albee Stadium, as crowds are too big for Redwood Bowl

  • Forestry Building and Library are completed

    1962

    Forestry Building and Library are completed